The Sports Development Team are tasked with creating a more healthy and active community in Nuneaton and Bedworth through the engagement of sport and physical activity. As part of our action plan the team have specific projects and targets to achieve for NBBC.
Our priorities and aims
- Deliver identified outcomes as part of the Nuneaton and Bedworth Sport, Activity and Well Being Strategy
- Work within targeted area’s to increase sport and physical activity opportunities
- Encourage a change in perception of sport and physical activity by using alternative sports, programmes and activities
- Provide expertise and support to tackle health and inequality issues across the borough
- Develop sports clubs across Nuneaton and Bedworth to increase participation rates and sporting excellence
- Provide support to those most at risk of cardio vascular disease
- Develop walking, cycling and running routes across the borough
- Create strong partnerships with communities and other agencies to benefit all residents
- Develop facilities in communities to provide more sport and physical activity opportunities
The Sports Development team provides a range of activities, sports, fitness and exercise sessions across Nuneaton and Bedworth. The sessions are led by qualified coaches and instructors who are fully insured; DBS checked and have a valid first aid qualification. The sessions are held within the local community at community centres, children’s centre and other venues.
The Sports Development team also have a list of sports clubs from across Nuneaton and Bedworth with information on when and where they train and how to contact them.
- Sports Clubs
- Community Classes
- Change Makers
- Exercise Referral